Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just Bored

If you've been reading my comments you'll see that poor Angelbrat lost sleep over the meaning of HMW, but in the end she triumphed and figured out that yes, indeedy, HMW means Hitachi Magic Wand. For you old timers that I've known forever and a day you might remember that from back when blogland was a daily source of comedy. For those of you who don't own one of these gems, trust me, it's well worth the $$. WAY worth it!!

And in case you've never seen one, watch this... it's quite the entertaining find....



So yeah... in my opinion, everyone needs to own one of those things... and that was what was being referred to when Adam said he's buy me 4 of them... one for each hand... and 2 spare backups. Seriously, I can't imagine not having one of these things lying around the house. You got one? Like it?? I don't think I've ever met anyone who didn't like it. Of course though it's not like I go around asking my real life friends these questions... although there's my friend from work.....

She recently was flipping her mattress. Have I already told you this? Anyhow, her son was helping.... wanted to know what "those things" were that became exposed when they moved the mattress....

Restraints... flipping restraints. I died laughing when she told the story. She told her son she had no idea, that they'd come with the bed. LOL I wanna know if the girl is a spanko but haven't asked. Once though after work, as I passed her in the hall she was talking to a group of people and I cracked her a good one on the @$$. She told me to come back and do it again. I'm pretty sure she might be one of those spanko sorts.

Anyhow....

I'm on spring break. This is one of the few days that isn't pulling me in 5 directions. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to be busy and I'm thankful for all the friends and family in my world who keep me going BUT it's nice to have a day of just me, the dog, and the computer.

Yesterday I watched baby 1 for a few hours while her mommy took her little sis to the doc. Poor baby is gassy and has a rock hard tummy. They switched formula. Baby 1 is amazing. She's a little over 14 months now and walks very well. Her vocab is limited so she grunts a lot. Her mommy is always saying "use your words." She's such the preschool teacher, my daughter is.

Oh and Adam's car is in the garage. Something about a universal joint or something... I'm stuck home with no car. Pity. What will I do with my time.... well heck, I suppose I could walk the dog...

or something...

And one more thing...

here's what I know as oscar salad....

Use spring mix lettuce
diced purple onion
diced green onion
tiny tomatoes
blackberries
glazed walnuts
feta cheese

use some type of raspberry vinaigrette dressing... we like Paul Newman's Lite raspberry walnut dressing

UH-mazing salad.

Okay... I'm thinking the dog and I need to get out into the sunshine for a bit.

Buh-bye




8 thoughts:

CeeCi said...

Thanks for sharing the Oscar Salad ingredients. Would it be good without all the raw onions? I'd just sit there and pick them all out.

Cute video!

And your co-worker... yeah, she's definitely one of our sorts.

Enjoy your blissfully quiet day!

Love you!
*hugs*
CeeCi

ps-it's official... Bouncing Balls got me last night, *g* and I have the stiff neck to prove it!

Eva said...

CeeCi~ You're quite welcome and yes, the salad would be fine without the onions... don't skip out on the glazed walnuts though. That's what makes it!! bouncing balls is addicting but here I go again. I still have 3 people from my friends list above me. Not quitting till I get them.

CeeCi said...

I was on a walk with my sister a bit ago when I started getting the sniffles. I didn't share with her why I was giggling.

Somehow, I don't know if I'd be able to go from kitty to nose, no matter how therapeutic it may be.

Don't get a stiff neck!

*hugs*
CeeCi

grace said...

OHHHHH....that HMW! I knew that ;)

So, the salad sounds great!~ Not sure if PK could like it though, I've heard she's against veggies!

Hope the babe is ok. It's always upsetting when the little ones aren't feeling well. My nephew is almost 2 and he still doesn't talk very much. He's getting it though and nobody seems worried about it. They say they will talk when they are ready to talk...LOL

Once you get them started....it's hard to shut them up...LOL

HUGS!
grace

mthc said...

Have to agree with Grace once they start talking ..it never ends and they repeat everything you say! HMW..yep..everybody should have one! I'm with you..too nice to be on the computer..78 degrees here..goin' for a walk..fix some coffee and whip cream and then sit in the swing outside and watch the sunset!

Eva said...

CeeCi~ I'm with your girlfriend... which is why I need 4.. one for each hand and 2 spares. One of the spares could be designated sinuses only and the other could be muscles only.. and the two in my hands... well... hehehe

Grace~ The salad really is awesome. And PK would too eat it cuz she's eaten my strawberry spinach salad.. twice! And yes, I know they don't shut up once they start which is why I'm really not rushing it. LOL

Mthc~ Perfect!!! You make me want to go for another walk.

PK said...

Using the HMW for head massage and sinus relief is like eating vegetables when there is junk food available - ridiculous!!

You don't put glazed walnuts in the strawberry spinach salad.

I just go home from school, couldn't I just take a nap in the sun?

Love you twin.

Paul said...

Connie, great to hear from you young lady.
Interesting video, you having four such wands, would that make you the wicked witch from the east?
Enjoy Easter, are you really comfortable at level 5 on Bouncing Ball, it tends to be a bit of a scramble for me.
Warm hugs,
Paul.